So these scandals (real and totally trumped up alike), and a general sense of foreboding at the likely results from uber-gerrymandering of the House for the foreseeable future have left me in my political sad place.
I need a pick-me-up. You probably do, too.
Here are some things to cheer us up...
1. Hey, Booker's In. That's some good news. Not up on your Cory Booker?
Cory Booker, a Primer -
- He's Good at Explaining Democratic Beliefs.
- Excelled During/After Hurricane Sandy, Using Twitter as a Rapid-Response Tool (go read the article, it's pretty darn funny).
- Has Some Super-Hero Tendencies.
- For Mandi -
2. Elizabeth Warren Is Busily Kicking Butt and Taking Names for Average Americans.
- On the Wide Disparity Between Increases in Worker Productivity and Minimum Wage Increases:
- On Banks Not Being Prosecuted, While Individuals Are:
- On Federal Regulators Protecting Banks Who Broke the Law in Foreclosures:
- On Students Being Charged Nine Times the Interest Rates of Big Banks Because... They Are a Bigger Risk?
3. Oh, and Hillary Joined Twitter.
She's made one tweet... and 368,122 followers later (in less than one day)...