Color me angry. The Senate is about to fail to pass even the compromise version of legislation to improve background checks for gun purchases.
Sen. Joe Manchin tells me "we will not get the votes today" expanded background checks to fail in Senate. Try again he says.
— Kelly O'Donnell (@KellyO) April 17, 2013
10. Presidents in Wartime. President George W. Bush, the week after 9/11/01. Also George H.W. Bush the week after the Persian Gulf War started. Truman only got to a meager 87 percent on the verge of V.E. day.
9. The Sun. 89 percent of Americans support solar power.
8. Recycling. 92 percent of Americans reuse their plastic bags.
7. Turkey. 88 percent of Americans eat turkey at Thanksgiving.
6. Tricking and Treating. 87 percent of Americans participate in Halloween.
5. Coffee. 90 percent of Americans consume caffeine every day.
4. You Scream, I Scream... 90 percent of Americans eat ice cream regularly.
3. Mounties, eh? 91 percent of Americans approve of Canada. 87 percent have a negative view of Iran.
2. Marriage. 90 percent of Americans Are Projected to Marry in their lifetimes.
1. 90 Percent of Americans Support Universal Background Checks for Gun Purchases.
...So now, tell me: who do you love, Senators? Because 90 percent of us are about to be pretty darn angry at you if you can't get this job done.