Sunday, August 5, 2012

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire



I understand why it is flustering and annoying that Harry Reid is not giving up on these "Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years" claims.  For one thing, Democrats always fold when pressed that they are doing something wrong.  For another, it's so Republican.  It's a 10-year-old kid tactic, and an aggressively strategic one:

Romney: You can't have my tax forms and so there.



Reid:  Okay, you aren't sharing your taxes?  Fine.  You probably never paid any taxes anyway.



Romney: Yes I did!  I paid a whole bunch of taxes!  Trust me!


Reid: I don't trust you.  Prove it.


Romney: You're a dirty rotten liar and your pants are on fire!



Reid: So prove it.

See?  Frustrating.


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


1 comment:

  1. BTW There is apparently a raging debate among conservatives about whether it is ethical to respond to Reid's claims with a "Harry Reid is a pedophile" accusation. http://ethicsalarms.com/2012/08/06/a-directory-of-answers-for-the-instalanche-on-funny-but-wrong-the-harry-reid-is-a-pederast-rumor/

    Mandi and I were talking about it, we tend to think the most dispositive difference is that one cannot prove/disprove the pedophilia claim in anywhere near as concrete and simple a manner as the tax avoidance claim.

    ReplyDelete