So Mandi and I are going to be posting sporadically for awhile. We're both pretty busy right now, and we're experimenting with time management and priorities.
Here are a couple of stories I've found interesting to tide you over:
- VA GOP takes advantage of a civil rights leader going to the Inauguration to ram through an awful redistricting plan. Gov. Bob "Forced Ultrasound" McDonnell says he doesn't think that's a good way to do business, but refuses to say whether he'll sign the plan.
- What the GOP Did at Their Retreat: tried to convince the Tea Partiers how colossally stupid it would be cause the country to default. Will it stick? My guess is that The Hastert Rule is toast on anything important, because the Tea Partiers cannot be counted on - even by the GOP - to do what's in the best interests of the country in an actual vote.
|In Friendlier Times.|
- Sen. Lautenberg Would Like to Spank Mayor Booker. He can't get no respect. I gotta tell you, I thought Booker's tone was a bit patronizing, and now Lautenberg has doubled-down on patronizing back. That said, Lautenberg is getting pretty old. And clearly Booker cannot beat Gov. Christie right now, which is his only real other option for moving up to a national platform for his clearly telegenic self.
- The Worst CEOs of 2012. AKA "Ways the Market Doesn't Solve Problems." I'm still not really clear on what a "Good CEO" looks like these days to people like Business School Profs, but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have the same definition.
- Bubba to Gun Control Advocate Community: Don't be jerks. Okay, what he really said was closer to don't be patronizing about "gun culture," but it's implicit.
- To Cop Out or to Grow Some Ovaries? Do it. Fix the Filibuster. We really do want you to, guys. And just for clarification: Fix = Reinstate the Stand Up and Talk Filibuster.
|This is what you should look like after a filibuster...|
|...Not like this.|