So we here at YBGP do pay attention to what you guys like. And Mandi and I are impressed by your devotion to Neil deGrasse Tyson. Our first NDGT post has recently become our Most Visited Post. It's also one of the top ways people get here from Google (thanks Google! Welcome NDGT People!).
We are so impressed with how much you like NDGT, that I'm going back to the well to find some more of the reasons Tyson is a Badass.
NDGT is a busy man. He has his own podcast/radio show, called StarTalk.
He tweets -
@Brandon_Hubbard: I believe in God. No man knows when the world will end. // When asteroids head our way, you'll quickly believe in physics
And here are 7 ways NDGT is busy, bringing the awesome... 7 Days a Week.
1. NDGT finds Krypton - That's right, kids. NDGT found Superman's home planet. Then he got to hang out with Superman, in a snazzy vest...
2. NDGT Calls Out Romney for Going After Big Bird - Yep, Tyson's got your back, Big.
3. NDGT, Animated, and Explaining the Joys of Curiosity.
4. NDGT Gives You a (Free) Reading List (go to the link for the details on where to find them for free).
1.) The Bible - “to learn that it’s easier to be told by others what to think and believe than it is to think for yourself.”
2.) The System of the World by Isaac Newton – “to learn that the universe is a knowable place.”
3.) On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin - “to learn of our kinship with all other life on Earth.”
4.) Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift – “to learn, among other satirical lessons, that most of the time humans are Yahoos.”
5.) The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine – “to learn how the power of rational thought is the primary source of freedom in the world.”
6.) The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith - “to learn that capitalism is an economy of greed, a force of nature unto itself.”
7.) The Art of War by Sun Tsu - “to learn that the act of killing fellow humans can be raised to an art.”
8.) The Prince by Machiavelli - “to learn that people not in power will do all they can to acquire it, and people in power will do all they can to keep it.”
|NDGT with Data and the Dude from Reading Rainbow.|
5. NDGT Is a Trekkie. There's a shocker. But, for Mandi:
6. Hey, Budget-Cutting Dudes: NDGT Is SO Done with You. P.S. You can help Kickstart the movie to shine a light on it. Go on, put your money where Neil's mouth is.
|You THINK that's a jet pack...|
7. NDGT Debunks Bond. 00-PlutoKiller says Bond has some logical and scientific problems.
And, as a Special-Added Bonus: Do You Think You Need an NDGT Theme Song? How does "I'm With Neil" strike you?