Election Contest Update: We have not forgotten the Election Contest, but Arizona has been crazy slow to count, so we haven't had the numbers until this week. I'll sit down and do the math sometime this week when the kids are at their least frenetic. The T-Shirts are in and ready to go once I figure out the winner.
In the meantime: with a nod to Harper's, I give you the YBGP Index...
|This is your country on population.|
- Number of people who make up 47 percent of Americans: 146,448,201
- States with the Highest Percentage of the Americans Who Do Not Pay Federal Income Tax? Mississippi and Georgia.
|Just what I always wanted!|
- Average Value of the "Gift" of Birth Control Pill Coverage: $1,200/year
- Percentage of Births Resulting from Unintended Pregnancies that Are Publicly Funded: 64%
- Median (half make more, half make less) Household Income in the US: $51,914
- Average Value of the "Gift" of Romney Tax Plan for those making incomes over $1 million per year: $390,876/year
- Number of Twinkies sold per year: 500 million
- Number of Twinkie Defenses: 1
- Number of jobs on the line as Hostess Goes Into Mediation: 18,500
- Calories in a Twinkie: 150
- Wait, Did That Say "Twinkie Diet?" Yep.
- Hostess raised executive pay to avoid bankruptcy caps, while using bankruptcy to reduce union workers' pensions? Yep. They did, however, reduce executive pay back down (in some cases to $1) after The Wall Street Journal outed them.
|If this sounds like a Bain Capital story, there's a reason.|
- Americans Projected to Die from Cancer in 2012: 577,190
- Americans Killed by Gun Violence in 2008 (most recent year available): 31,593
- When Did the Assault Weapons Ban Expire? 2004
- Americans Killed in Afghanistan in 2011: 466
- Date to leave Afghanistan: We are leaving right now. But the President's stated deadline to leave is the end of 2014.
6,610 U.S. service members have died in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.